Paulo Coelho was an introverted teenager with dreams of becoming a writer—a crazy aspiration as far as his parents were concerned, so they sent him to a series of mental institutions, where he had to decide whether to believe in his own sanity or succumb to the perceptions of others.
Decades passed before he wrote THE ALCHEMIST, a novel about following your dreams. It was initially published in very limited quantity, solely in Brazil, but Paulo did not give up; he continued to seek success as a writer, and his devotion paid off years later when the story attracted much larger publishers, eventually becoming an international bestseller and one of the most translated books of all time.
To honor this esteemed author, we set out to create a smoothie that says, Viva Brazil! We also wanted to incorporate classic ingredients that, much like a good novel, come together in delicious, unforeseen ways.
August Smoothie, Inspired by Paulo Coelho
- ⅓ Cup of Mikuna (Cacao)
- 1 ½ Cups of Almond Milk (we used Malk’s unsweetened almond - it's amazing)
- 1 Cup of frozen Red Raspberries
- Açai frozen or powdered (we used ½ pack of Sambazon's Pure Unsweetened frozen)
- ½ of a ripe, frozen Banana
- Handful (5-8) Brazil nuts*
- Handful (¼ cup) of fresh Coconut chunks*
Blend thoroughly with:
- A pinch of Love
- A bunch of Heart
- All your Soul
* Put these in a food processor first—you will thank yourself later for the effort!