Oatmeal is such a great breakfast! It’s fast, filling, and full of fiber, but on hot days, sometimes the last thing you want for breakfast is something warm and gooey. Overnight oats is a great colder option, but not all of us can remember to make it the night before. What if I told you there was an oat option that is cold, creamy, and full of nutrients AND it’s super fast to make. Enter the Power Breakfast Bowl! The Power Breakfast Bowl only has 5 ingredients and is packed with potassium, protein, and antioxidants.
- 3 ripe frozen bananas
- Tip #1: keep spotted bananas on hand in your freezer in a reusable container to allow to easier smoothie making and to minimize the use of disposable plastic bags
- Tip #2: breaking up your bananas into fourths (instead of whole) helps make the blending process faster and smoother
- 1 tablespoon Mikuna Chocho Superfood Protein Original, Cacao, or Vanilla (they are all delicious in this recipe)
- ¼ cup of rolled or instant oats (“raw” rolled or instant oats are actually fine to eat because the steaming process before they are packaged and rolled quality makes them easier on our stomachs).
- 1 tsp cinnamon (or however much you like)
- 1 cup plant milk
- BONUS: you can top it with whatever you like on your normal smoothie bowls, ie: nuts, berries, or the sweet chocho snack.
The first thing you want to do is take your bananas out of the freezer and make sure they are easily separated. Next, blend the oats in a blender until it is almost a flour like consistency (this makes the smoothie thicker and creamier). Empty the oats out of the blender and put to the side for now. Put the frozen bananas in a blender and add the plant milk (I used unsweetened original almond milk). Now add the Mikuna Chocho Superfood Protein of choice, oat flour, and cinnamon. Blend it up until creamy and smooth! Slide that smoothie into a bowl, top it with your favorite extras or eat it just as it is!
Back to Journal