By Erica Lovelace
If you’re in the mood for a breakfast that’s sweet and nutritious, look no further. This Strawberry Banana Chocho Smoothie Bowl recipe from Erica Lovelace is delicious, vegan, gluten-free, and takes ten minutes to make.
1 banana, frozen and chopped
1 cup of whole strawberries, frozen
½ cup of almond or oat milk
3 tablespoon of coconut sugar
¼ cup of Mikuna Chocho Superfood Protein (Vanilla)
2 tablespoons of coconut oil, melted
2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of coconut sugar
Peanuts or almonds
Sliced strawberries and bananas
Honey or agave
Flakey sea salt
- Combine the cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, and two tablespoons of coconut sugar into a separate bowl.
- Blend together the banana, strawberries, Vanilla Chocho Protein, and one tablespoon of coconut sugar for two minutes.
- Note: It’s important that you blend these first before adding your wet ingredients to get the smoothest texture possible. Also, avoid adding ice as it makes the smoothie crunchy and subsequently watery once the ice has melted
- Once blended, scrape down the sides, add the milk of your choice, and run the blender for another two minutes.
- Add your smoothie mixture to a bowl and pat it down with the back of a spoon. You will need to work quickly to spoon your chocolate shell across the top so that it hardens before the smoothie melts too much
- Add your favorite toppings and break through that delectable chocolate shell. Enjoy the shatter!