We're big fans of this muffin recipe by Unique Hammond, a holistic nutritionist, which includes Chocho and carrots.
⅔ cup olive oil
1 ½ cup flour (Unique Hammond uses almond flour as her base flour)
½ cup Mikuna Chocho Superfood Protein powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. allspice
1 tsp. nutmeg or cardamom
½ tsp. sea salt
2 tsp. vanilla
3 ½ cups grated carrots
1 cup chopped pecans or your preferred nut
Optional Sweetener: You can use 2 tbsp of maple sugar. The sugar will equal 18 grams. Split between 12 cupcakes that would be 1.5 sugar per cupcake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour muffin tins or use recyclable cupcake paper liners.
- Roughly chop nuts.
- Grate carrots and drain juice.
- Mix eggs and oil in a bowl and then beat in carrots and nuts.
- Sift flour, spices, and baking soda into the wet mixture.
- Put mixture into muffin tins and cook for 30-35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool then enjoy.